Complaint Handling Procedure
Preston Caravans and Motorhomes is a member of the NCC Approved Dealership and Holiday Home Distributor Scheme. A key commitment under the GN01 that lies at the heart of the scheme is that we maintain a clear and formal written complaints procedure and take effective and immediate action to try and resolve any customer complaint. Our procedure is as follows:
- If you want to make a complaint:
a) We will acknowledge your complaint, in writing or by phone, within 2 working days of receipt.
b) We will issue an initial response or a final decision, in writing, as soon as possible or at the latest within 10 working days of complaint receipt.
c) If we issue an initial response and you notify us that it does not resolve your complaint, we will issue a final decision, in writing, as soon as possible or at the latest within a further 5 working days.
d) in all instances, if we justifiably need more time to investigate and manage your complaint (e.g. because it involves another party), we will provide written reasons why and an estimate of the date when we expect to be able to issue an initial response or final decision.
e) We will keep a complaints log which will be available for inspection by NCC assessors.
2. We will keep you informed either by letter or e-mail. whichever you prefer.
3. For all complaints we will provide either a response and/or a final decision in writing. Any final decision will include details of the NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service and the Independent Case Examiner (the Examiner) in case you require independent redress. Please note that the Examiner will only consider complaints that have been first sent to, and considered by, the NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service.
4. If you are not satisfied with our final decision, or if we exceed the response timescales, you should then refer your complaint to the NCC for informal dispute resolution. If this fails to resolve your complaint or if the NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service is not able to handle your complaint, your complaint may be escalated to the Examiner. We will co-operate fully with the Examiner during an investigation and comply with his final decision which is binding on us both. Please note an administration fee of £60 (including VAT) will be charged by the NCC should you wish to use the Examiner service. This fee is refundable only if the Examiner finds in your favour, subject to his discretion. There are no other charges to you for using this service.
5. We will liaise, at your request, with anyone acting formally on your behalf (e.g Trading Standards, Citizen’s Advice Bureau, Consumer Advice Centre, etc)
Complaints should be sent to:
The Sales Director
Preston Caravans and Motorhomes
Blackpool Rd, Clifton, Preston, PR4 2RE
Note: The National Caravan Council (NCC) is the UK trade body for the tourer, motorhome, holiday home and park home industries. It has developed a number of NCC Approved schemes, each with a Code of Practice at its heart, to ensure that subscriber members treat customers fairly, deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and provide full protection and access to redress should this be needed. Further details can be found via www.approveddealerships.co.uk/tourer or www.approveddealerships.co.uk/motorhomes
We obtain information about you when: you make a purchase with us, send an enquiry to us via phone, social media or telephone, contact our service centre, you connect to us through a third party including manufacturers, sign up to our newsletter or provide your information as part of a competition.
- Your information will be used in accordance with GDPR. This might include:
- To provide products, services or responses to queries that you have requested
- For our internal record keeping and administration purposes
- To contact you in respect of any field service actions, warranty matters, product recalls or any similar relevant notifications
- Dealing with entries into a competition
- To send you communications which you have requested or that may be of interest to you. These may include information about marketing activities and promotions
- Assessing you for suitability for employment in the event you have applied for a job with us and supplied your CV or contact details.
We will hold information in accordance with legal and regulatory guidance, to meet our legal obligations and also to ensure we can provide you with reasonable support and efficiency.
We may pass your information to other companies – the manufacturer of your purchase, DVLA, CRIS, and local repair contractors, for the purpose of operating your warranty, vehicle registration, servicing, repairs and recalls and product updates.
We may also pass your details to a relevant delivery service when sending a part or requested product to you.
We operate only with companies who have the same care and responsibility for your information as we have; however you should make yourself aware of the privacy policies of these partners.
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to send you mailings). We will only provide the information that is needed to carry out this task and we have a contract in place that satisfies us that your details are secure and will not be used for their own marketing purposes.
We do not share your data with any other third parties, with the exception of when we have been asked to provide information for regulatory or legal purposes e.g. to shipping companies; if we are progressing existing or future legal proceedings; or if we are selling our businesses to someone, we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We highly recommend that you allow us to contact you regarding your purchase in the case of recalls, repairs and warranty.
If you would like to unsubscribe from our e-marketing, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which is found at the bottom of all our newsletters.
If you would like us to remove all your information that we store, you can do so by sending a request in writing to email@example.com. We will comply with your request in accordance to GDPR guidance and timescales. Similarly, you can request to receive a copy of all the data that we hold on you.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies on any other site whether you link to our website through them or you link to them through our website.